HSS Left Hand Stub Drills, Fractional
- Screw machine drills are also know as stub or stubby drills
- Short, rugged construction performs well in a broad range of materials.
- A dependable, general purpose drill designed to perform in a broad range of materials in the iron and steel families
- Manufactured to National Aerospace Standard 907
- 135 degree split point tip for self-centering and reducing thrust. Compared to a conventional 118 degree tip, these drills wont go "walking" on you.
- Ideal for portable or machine drilling
- Popular in the automotive and construction industries. They are often used in screw machine setup where spindle clearance is limited.
- Features a left hand helix for screw machine applications where spindles rotate counter-clockwise. Left hand drills can also be used to drill out broken bolts
- Sizes smaller than 1/16 and #52 have the 118 degree standard point