HSS Machine & Fractional Hand Taps, Special Sizes
- Used to make new threads or re-thread damaged and/or jammed threads
- Hand Taps are the most versatile taps for hand use, or for tapping under power
- Hand taps are popular for use in general machine tapping or CNC tapping
- They are also appropriate for tapping the vast majority of materials in through or blind holed conditions
- Hand Taps come in three styles Taper, Plug or Bottom.
- Taper Style: Starts the thread square with the workpiece. Plug Style: Generally used in thru holes. Bottom Style: Generate the thread to the bottom of the hole. A tap set contains 1 taper, 1 plug and 1 bottoming tap.